Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dee and I at the Fountain Inn, Van Wert, Ohio


Dee and I at the Fountain Inn, Van Wert, Ohio
Originally uploaded by walk4healthcare

Dee told me the story of her uncle. He had a heart attack a few years back resulting in cardiac surgery and a bill for $145, 000. “Dee, I'm dying,” he said, not clear, as Dee told me, whether he was referring to his health troubles or the financial burdens. Dee told her uncle to change his diet, do yoga, lots of walking, and other things to improve his lifestyle and health. And so he heeded her advice and actually, to do these things, went back to India. Returning some months later, he proudly called Dee telling her that he was healthier, no longer had diabetes, and no hypertension. But, he lamented, “I still owe $145,000.”

No comments:

Post a Comment