Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jim in Bedford, Pennsylvania


Jim in Bedford, Pennsylvania
Originally uploaded by walk4healthcare

“I would call myself a fiscal conservative,” Jim told me as we sat together discussing healthcare in his living room. “I believe that health savings accounts, HSAs, and patient involvement in the decisions will be important to bring costs under control.” He added that in his experience, once health benefits are provided, it’s “very difficult to backtrack.”

He’s worked in government for 32 years and is currently retired. “Personally, I think the government plan, if made available to all, would work well. I think that would be easy to implement. It allows choice, there’s already a mechanism to collect premiums. and there could be some income tiering.”

No comments:

Post a Comment